[OLPC India] Scan resolutions

Harshal Jawale hjawale at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 00:41:27 EDT 2010

Hi Soundar,

Here are my recommendations for the pilot scan,

JPG Scan:
1. DPI=72, Black & White (should not exceed - 1200x900px)
2. DPI=72, 8 bit Color (should not exceed - 800x600px)

PDF Scan:
DPI=72, Optimized for web, Color
DPI=72, Optimized for web, Black& White

The reason why I am requesting these different modes for the pilot is to
check the quality & file sizes. The XOL (zip) file for each collection
should be within  6MB to 7MB.
Ideally, we should be able to package 3 to 5 textbooks in one XOL collection
for one class within the 7MB limit.

Hope this clarifies.

Harshal