[OLPC India] [OLPC_India] SoaS in India

Anurag Goel agoel23 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 02:43:37 EDT 2009

Dear all,

My name is Anurag Goel and I am currently a second year student at Boston
University. I am working on a Sugar on a Stick deployment this summer in two
different schools in Boston, MA. I am really interested to know what kind of
OLPC projects are currently being conducted in India and some projects that
have been implemented in the past. I would like to eventually bring SoaS to
school(s) in India. I am particularly interested in working in Delhi. I know
there are many schools in Delhi and throughout India that would make great
candidates for SoaS because they have the basic infrastructure but lack the
necessary computing and technological skills. Sugar can really maximize the
potential of the computers that are currently in place in schools in India
as well as the computers in students' homes. Ideally I would like to
implement such a project early next summer. Hopefully we can start a line of
communication and work towards bringing Sugar to India. Please let me know
your thoughts as your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Anurag Goel
Boston University '12
College of Engineering