[OLPC India] Call for Volunteering at DBF - OLPC Stall at IIT BOMBAY TECHFEST :-)

amit gogna amit.gognaa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 06:23:32 EST 2009

Hi All,

This is to inform you that we here at Digital Bridge Foundation (DBF)  have
been given a stall in the main exhibition hall for IIT - Bombay Technology
festival. (http://www.techfest.org/).

*Introduction :-*

"*Techfest* is the Annual Science and Technology Festival of Indian
Institute of Technology
Bombay<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Institute_of_Technology_Bombay>(IITB),
Mumbai <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumbai>,
(India<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India>).
*Techfest* is held every January over a period of three days on the IIT
Bombay campus. Techfest started off on a small scale in 1998 with the aim of
providing a platform for students to showcase their technical skills and in
the short period of 10 years has grown to become Asia's largest festival of
its kind. The last few editions of Techfest have seen more than 45,000
participants from more than 1,500 colleges across India along with teams
from countries like the USA <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States>,
Singapore <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore>,
Nepal<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepal>,
Iran <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran>,
Bangladesh<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh>,
Sri Lanka <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Lanka>,
UAE<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UAE>and
Pakistan <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan>. Apart from student
involvement, Techfest also sees more than 2,000 faculty and corporate
participants."  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techfest)

We plan to use the IIT Tech Fest event as an opportunity to:
1. Share information on the XO
2. Have students touch and feel the experience of an XO
3. Sign up volunteers in different areas of work to support our projects in
India.

*
Now we are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who would like to be with us
at the stall for achieving the above mentioned points.

Also if anyone  is interested in doing video for the event as a volunteer
is welcomed.

 Count Required :-

OLPC - DBF Volunteer :-   4 - 5

Video Volunteer :- 1 - 2

Please get back to us ASAP as the event starts on 24th January,2009.

Email Address to contact us :-  dbfolpcvolunteer at gmail.com

Any new ideas for promoting  OLPC Project on the day of the event are
welcomed.

"Together we can and we will"

Thanks,
Amit