[OLPC India] XO for differently abled children?

Mon Aug 31 04:36:53 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Kuppuraj S<kupraj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone interacted with differently abled children ( Hearing,
> Sight) using XO? Please share the experience. We have been exploring
> the possibility of getting XO for the differently abled children
> studying in a school in Chennai (Madras). Currently, all the class
> rooms (60) in the school have been equipped with an old PC  supplied
> by a private IT company.

The Sugar desktop environment is available as a package/desktop in
various distributions. Will it be possible for you to try it (via,
Sugar on a Stick <http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick>
perhaps) to check if it meets the usage model you anticipate ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>

Sent from Raleigh, NC, United States