[OLPC India] Some questions this community may like to address

Satish Jha OLPC sjha.olpc at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 00:45:05 EDT 2009

While we have taken some time to generate a little traction for OLPC in
India with over a dozen stakeholders in serious negotiations and requests
for XOs in six digits, we have been asked a few questions that may hopefully
be addressed better with the experience of all of us in this community.

It may seem rather obvious to most of us. However, its how we address them
for the benefit of the enthusiasts who are willing to take the next steps
that may help them move forward.

For instance, how do we best demonstrate that by introducing XOs, there will
be significant improvement in the quality of education?

Are there any studies that refer to some benchmarks and the results compared
to that?

Or has something been done by anyone in a controlled environment?

And obviously they want answers from within India rather than from the
global environment.

Has anyone thought about creating a sustainable model of deploying XOs in
the context of our school education environment?