[OLPC India] Re : dbf and olpc-india

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Sun Aug 2 02:58:04 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 11:38 AM, ravis<ravisu at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Its an interesting discussion.
>
> Does it mean that you are working with OLPC's product XO and trying to
> integrate it with phoenix?

There are some simple sensors that work directly with OLPC.  For some
other activities the existing board and the interfaces on the board
are not enough.  We find Phoenix the best bet, free hardware, free
software, and growing adoption in the country.  Phoenix can begin in
school and can continue to work in college labs as well.  Our
objective is to create activities that middle school children can do
using phoenix and OLPC.

> Isn't it better that you connect with OLPC India (www.olpcindia.net )? Or is
> it is something personal you are doing? Of course, OLPC seems almost like an
> entirely voluntary movement or such confusion will not be allowed to
> prevail.
>
> Followng all that Sameer said I tried looking up dbf and could not find
> much, save a couple items on googling it. Does anyone know anything other
> than that there is some confusion about its some kind of Anil Ambani outfit,
> which it may or may not be.

You did not find much of DBF because that is not the way the
activities are logged on the wiki.  You may check OLPC Mumbai, the
activities are written about.

> DBF should clearly state its interest in volunteering for OLPC. It seems the
> issue is about them claiming to have a relationship with OLPC in India. On
> that the statement of OLPC India should be final.

Is OLPC India owned by some group of people?  What do you mean by "the
statement of OLPC India should be final", regarding taking decisions
or representing in some other fora?  Can you please clarify?

--
Nagarjuna G.
http://www.gnowledge.org/