[OLPC India] Use of XOs for Vocational Training & Back Office Support

Asksst at aol.com Asksst at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 11:49:44 EDT 2008

Hi Marc & Ankur,
Thanks for your response; sorry, I got tied up with some pressing issues of
our foundation.

We are thinking about dual boot XOs for RK College, because:
1. Besides using them in grades (6-12), we also want to use them for
vocation training of those who pass high school and 12th grades.
2. We are also thinking about initiating Gram IT activity with help  of
Byrraju Foundation. For convenience, I'm attaching a document giving some  articles
about GramIT..

We will like to know:
1. Can XOs be used for vocational training and production support of  GramIT?
If this is true, we can start with 20-30 XOs at RK Girls College. We are
thinking about ordering a few to understand their functionality and
appropriateness for the above purposes. Any advice?
2. Since our school is Hindi medium in UP, we are curious if anyone  has
    a) Obtained or planning to obtain the latest  syllabus or worked on UP
curriculum. If not, can OLPC India help in  this?
    b) Details of Board requirements for Computer as a  subject for High
School & Inter classes
    c) Qualification & experience requirements for  Computer teachers for
Computer as a subject etc.
    d) Has OLPC thought about any coordinated plan for  content development
for North India in these areas?
Will greatly appreciate your help & suggestions,
-- Sheel

In a message dated 9/18/2008 6:08:56 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,