[OLPC India] moving forward..

Marc Valentin mvalentin at oeuvredespains.org
Mon Sep 22 07:48:14 EDT 2008

> I am not so convinced with this "formula". Whoever ends up making the
> decision about XO's let them decide where the XOs go. My family is
> from UP and I grew up in Hyderabad, so I see the disparity you point
> out to, but the metric for deciding where the XOs go and get
> implemented is subject to many other variables than north and south.
> What about Orissa? West Bengal? Assam, Rajasthan? No love for them?

I absolutely agree with you that the problem is complex, more complex
than north and south, villages and cities, ...
A system like LDC internal to India could be a solution. But I was not
thinking about an indian G1G1 only, I was thinking also about direct
orders done by local governments or companies, etc. I just wanted to
bring the focus on the problem. Who is going to order XO in U.P. and
Bihar ?