[OLPC India] Partnering with OLPC in India

Satish Jha OLPC satish at laptop.org
Wed Sep 10 02:42:00 EDT 2008

Subbu,

Thank you. What you say below underlines our experience as well.

Thanks

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 2:07 AM, K. K. Subramaniam <subbukk at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a different experience in our region. More than localization of
> interfaces and messages, it is the possibility of authoring multilingual
> content in their native tongue that motivated children to pick up lndic
> entry
> methods using US-style keyboards and also learn to master the intricacies
> of
> LaTeX to produce neatly typeset paragraphs. Of course, the English-Kannada
> pocket dictionaries are in tatters :-). I believe we underestimate the
> ability of children to thrive in a multilingual environment.
>
> Regards .. Subbu

-- Satish Jha President & CEO OLPC India One Cambridge Center, 10th
Floor Cambridge, MA 02141 T:+1 301 841 7422 F:+ 1 301 560 4909 India:
+91 99 75 68 39 50 www.laptop.org _________________________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satish_Jha