[OLPC India] Issues on the ground .. Please pardon the howlers due to blackberry use..

JV Avadhanulu jv at auroville.org.in
Mon Nov 10 01:04:58 EST 2008

Dear Satish,

Thank you for your mail.

The Secretary of Min Of HRD at the Center said something to the effect that
Min of HRD does not support OLPC. The genesis of OLPC India was to gather
some momentum despite this inhibitor. The following is a  quote (form my
archive)from the OLPC India Wiki (which appears to be deleted now as the
link does not work)
" It is unfortunate that the HRD Ministry didn't show positive vibes to
participate in the education mission of the OLPC project. But, that doesn't
imply that OLPC won't happen in India! http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_India"

When a paradigm shift is in the offing, the skeptics out number the
believers ( in my experience). When the Powers that be come up with
negativity, it strengthens the skeptics and takes time and effort to change
the perceptions. I faced this quite a bit in Auroville. I mentioned the
other, interlinked factors in my other mail, a few minutes ago. It would be
great if we could address these as suggested by Gowri.

Regards,
JV Avadhanulu
+91-9443797563