[OLPC India] link to khairat visit

Ron Penny ronpenny at kastanet.org
Sat Mar 8 00:49:20 EST 2008

Last December we were the first to get BROADBAND in Kollegal, for our
school and for our Girls' Home. This was after chasing and chasing BSNL
officials and pushing hard for over a year!!

BSNL proudly told us, "You are the first to have it installed BECAUSE
you pushed us so hard and motivated us."

What was my motivation?  "To close the terrible gap between the
extremely poor (sans IT and Internet) and those who have access to
everything!"  They took it on board!

Now we only wait for the XO's.  Everything else is ready to carry "our"
revolution another step forward.

A small "industrial sector" has sprung up near us, so our electricity
supply is better than elsewhere.

We are so privileged.  This motivates us to set up models that can
function with poor supply of electricity and limited accessibility.

Changes will come if we push hard and long enough.

Ron Penny