[OLPC India] OLPC India Day Awareness Conference- Call on 25th July, 2008 - Outcome

amit gogna amitg at laptop.org
Sat Jul 26 17:34:19 EDT 2008

Hi All,

Thanks for attending the conference call.

So here are some key points discussed on the call.

a) Joshua Pritikin from Nashik has already OLPC program running for ...
school.
      He is going to post about the event on Nashik LUG.

b) We had volunteers from Make a Diff Foundation ( www.makeadiff.in)
supporting this OLPC mission from Cochin,Hyderabad, Pune , Chennai. They are
going to spread awareness about the program in their respective cities. I
have agreed to send an XO in each of these cities for them to get hands on
and also let various other interest groups get abreast with technology and
learnings that go with XO.

c) Also we have a interest group in Chennai as well.  Lets hope we would be
able to have enough people for doing a VC there.

d) Sayamindu from Kolkata would explore various means of getting the word
out in Kolkata.

Now I am wondering if we can have some work being done in North.

Arjun ,Manu and Gaurav if you can look into that for Delhi and Punjab.

I request all the people who participated in the conference to post in their
email ids  and also stating the city they belonged too. ( I forgot to take
MOM :( )

Cheers,
Amit