[OLPC India] Venky's post... OLPC and some photos...

Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया] fred at bytesforall.org
Mon Jan 28 16:10:00 EST 2008

Photos of first OLPC pilot in India
   Posted by: "Venkatesh Hariharan" venkyh at gmail.com venkylinux
   Date: Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:43 am ((PST))

As 2007 was drawing to a close, I got a chance to visit the OLPC
deployment in Khairat, which is around 55 kilometres outside Mumbai.
This deployment is supported by Reliance, one of the largest
industrial groups in India. The user interface called Sugar [1] that
has been specially designed for children by Red Hat, the OLPC
foundation, Pentagram and others and is based on Fedora.

The deployment is two months old and the parents, children and
teachers are very enthusiastic about this project. I have uploaded
photos from the visit and added a small description to each photo.
These are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/venky7/sets/72157603606772250/

I look forward to your comments, feedback, brickbats etc...

Venky

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar

--
Frederick Noronha http://fn.goa-india.org Ph +91-832-2409490