[OLPC India] Thanks for Khairat visit

Marc Valentin mvalentin at oeuvredespains.org
Wed Feb 27 02:35:39 EST 2008

We bought the 9 XO on Ebay US. Now I am in India for 2 weeks and I am
checking the material and talk to the teachers to have their opinion
about the XO.
It looks the keyboard problem I had with one of the XO is well known
(ticket #5658) and I am surprised the people at Khairat didn't have
it, having 22 laptops...
Here are a few links :
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Stuck_keys
http://www.olpcnews.com/forum/index.php?topic=1961
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5658

The Ctrl key was "sticky" and that was causing the problem. I managed
to fix it temporarily by running the diagnostic tools (Rocker left,
below speaker). (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Cheat_codes). And by
pressing the Ctrl key several times till it was not sticky any more. I
hope it will remain ok.

-marc-