[OLPC India] XO / Sugar Book Sprint

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Mon Aug 25 14:06:49 EDT 2008

**XO / Sugar Book Sprint**

This week in Austin, Texas a team of writers are gathering together to
immerse themselves in a one week intensive documentation jam.

The purpose of the Book Sprint is to produce documentation in 1 week to
support the forthcoming 2008 roll-out off the OLPC G1G1. The team in
Austin consists of members of FLOSS Manuals (Adam Hyde, Anne Gentle),
OLPC (Adam Holt), Sugar (David Farning, Walter Bender), and the Austin
XO Users Group, and YOU! We have set up the online tools so you too can
contribute!  To make a contribution please do the following :

To contribute to the documentation you can register at FLOSS Manuals :
http://en.flossmanuals.net/register

2. Contribute!
There are several manuals planned to be finished by the end of the week
(August 29) including a Sugar manual, an XO manual, and 5 Sugar
Activities manuals.  You can see the structure of the manuals here:
Sugar :
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Sugar

XO (OLPC Hardware) :
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/XO

Sugar Activities :
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Browse
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Chat
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Record
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Terminal
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Write

To contribute you must register and then select a manual and a chapter
to work on. if it is not marked 'complete' then press the edit button!
Its as simple as that.

Contributions can include cleaning up layout, spell checking, adding
images, proof reading, or taking responsibility for writing one of more
chapters. You don't have to be a technical writer or a super geek, you
just need to know how to write.

If you need to ask us questions about how to contribute then join the
chat room listed above and ask us! We look forward to your contribution!

For more information on using FLOSS Manuals you may also wish to read
our manual :
http://en.flossmanuals.net/FLOSSManuals

3. Chat
Its a good idea to talk with us so we can help co-ordinate all
contributions. We have a chat room for this using Internet Relay Chat
(IRC). If you know how to use IRC you can connect to the following :
server : irc.freenode.net
channel : #olpc-content

If you do not know how to use IRC then visit the following web based
chat software in your browser :
http://irc.flossmanuals.net/

Information on how to use this web based chat software is here :
http://en.flossmanuals.net/FLOSSManuals/IRC

--
Adam Hyde
FLOSS Manuals