[OLPC India] cow power

Moz listmoz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 01:11:06 EDT 2008

Dear Arjun

Thanks for your mail. I do understand that you are all swamped with
work related to the OLPC spread etc and are unable to follow up on
this project. I live  and work in a wildlife sanctuary, make and
install wind electric generators, solar photovoltaic systems and self
tracking parabolic solar thermal cookers. I have worked all my life
as a volunteer. My focus has always been on helping the tribal people
I have lived with for the past 17 years. I would have been happy to
share the knowledge I have gained in my work with pedal power
generators, axial flux generators, solar photovoltaic energy to
charge the XOs in remote areas, because these are the kinds of things
I do at home and in my work. My home runs on solar and wind energy
for the past 8 years, including a laptop and a dot-matrix printer.

Overseeing the implementation of cow-power is a bigger call which I
will have to discuss with my team and perhaps I have to talk to you
and the OLPC team in person to discuss what that entails, the time
committment and so on. Where are you based?

Regards

Moz