[OLPC India] cow power

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Sun Aug 10 06:16:37 EDT 2008

Moz,

I was a volunteer at the India pilot project.

While I, with great support from the team at Mumbai was able to design
the complete thing, due to time constraints I was only able to oversee
half of the implementation.

Because the OLPC India team at Mumbai is a small team and is currently
swamped with work regarding the spread of the OLPC program in India,
they dont have time or manpower to oversee this project , though they
are tremendously supportive of the project.

If you or someone else close to Mumbai  , could volunteer to complete
it, it'd really be great.  I hear people in Peru and other deployments
have also started to look towards Cow Power as a possible power
solution to charge the XOs. If this one prototype can be successfully
implemented at Khairat, it could mean a lot of positive things for
power solutions in general for XO deployments all around the world.

Thank you for your interest and support.

Regards,
Arjun

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Moz <listmoz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to know whether there is anyone in charge of the cow
> power section of the Khairat project and about the current status of
> the project. Also, how frequently is the cow power generator used and
> how many hours and day etc.
>
> I live and work in a tribal area in Gujarat and have worked on
> alternate energy (wind and solar and pedal power) for many years.
>
> Moz

Arjun Sarwal
http://dev.laptop.org/~arjs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SwcSEcfR464