[OLPC India] Pilot pages and Schools on the Wiki

K. K. Subramaniam subbukk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 00:34:51 EDT 2008

On Monday 04 Aug 2008 7:03:36 am Seth Woodworth wrote:
> I found this page [2] referring to other India schools and they all
> seem to have a different naming structure.  I really liked where the
> page for Nashik [3] resides at /OLPC India/Nashik.
You could organize by state/district or just by districts. There are around
600 districts in India (http://india.gov.in/knowindia/districts.php).

There is a national database of primary schools organized by districts called
DISE (see http://www.schoolreportcards.in/). It contains over 1 million
schools and the target is to cover *all* primary schools. So if you find a
school that is not registered, you could send a request and have it
registered.

FYI .. Subbu