[OLPC India] Disappointed in the progress being made in India

Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया] fred at bytesforall.org
Fri Oct 26 18:08:32 EDT 2007

Hi all, I feel that this OLPC debate should be taken to wider fora too
across South Asia. It is sad that, without much debate, a handful of
bureaucrats can decide that the children of India do not deserve to
get access to affordable computing (by using arguments like the
traditional "we don't have blackboards and schools" for reasons best
known to them).

In this context, may I invite all interested to discuss this issue via
the BytesForAll network too (around 1500 subscribers) on
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bytesforall_readers

Best wishes, FN
Co-founder, BytesForAll
--