[OLPC India] [Community-news] OLPC News 2007-10-20

Ajay Kumar ajay at classapart.org
Wed Oct 24 09:40:16 EDT 2007

Arjun,

After the initial excitement of the prospects, when I calculated the
power required, I was not sure of the feasibility, and started thinking
that you were playing some internal joke on the list. And played along
in the lighter vein. It was too late in the night and in the sleep
deprived state, my foot found my mouth.

Good stuff all the way, and cool approach. Please do sound me if you
need anything on the electrical system design. Finally some day my
electrical engineering UG might find an application. :) . I would still
recommend looking for an induction motor solution, because it is more
robust inherently. A brushless system. Plus DC--DC stabilizing circuits
tend to be a bit dodgy. Especially if you ever need to step up the voltage.

I am sure it could be used to power the school servers, and the wireless
network, if not the laptops. All the very best in your endeavor. :) And
please do keep us all posted on the progress.

Cheers,
Ajay