[OLPC India] more thoughts on dynamo..

Ajay Kumar ajay at classapart.org
Tue Oct 23 22:05:25 EDT 2007

Ajay Kumar wrote:
> The cowpower of course could be easily replaced with the rotary
> playplatforms, and the induction generator would not complain,
Oh, I forgot to add...  even the kids' parents would not complain, for
they would have become super kids. (a quick calculation using
conservative 6 hours of use per child per day at minimum 2 watts, would
require work equivalent of climbing 44 floors for the 33 kg child at
100% conversion efficiency).

Actually the cows should also become the fittest cows around. Climbing
about 2 floors per child per day :) .
A similar technological advancement using bio agents is suggested in an
RFC http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2549.html

Cheers,
Ajay