[OLPC India] Devanagari Effort

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:11:07 EDT 2007

Hi Manusheel,
The characters on 5,6,7,8 according to Inscript are not base characters,
and hence to make them work, you will have to figure out a way to have
multiple character output for a single XKB symbol table entry. We had
tried that a few years back, and we couldn't get it to work at that
time. I'm not very sure if it can be done now.
I'm not very familiar with all the languages that use the Devanagari
script, so I'm not sure how frequently these characters occur in a these
languages. If they are not very frequent, I don't think it's worth the
effort to include them in the (physical) keyboard.

Regards,
Sayamindu