[OLPC India] Marathi Font help + Glyph alignment feedback

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Nov 5 16:24:10 EST 2007

(cc devel@)

Jim Gettys wrote:

> Yes, fontconfig should be able to know it needs to redo its cache
> automatically (unless the dates on the font files are broken); this does
> sound like a fontconfig bug.  Fontconfig is a freedesktop project;
> looking at bugs upstream there may determine if it has been fixed
> (presuming all the dates on font files are correct).
>
> Whether we are regenerating the cache as part of the image build is not
> at all clear.

Friday I noticed that we were still creating ad-hoc fonts.dir files in
pilgrim for dejavu-lgc, in a directory that had not even been in the
Xserver font path for a long time.

So I asked c_scott to remove it from pilgrim.

Can someone confirm that this change fixed the problem you were seeing?

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/