[OLPC India] roadmap for pilots?

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Nov 29 13:42:11 EST 2007

Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 20:33 -0800, Sameer Verma wrote:
>
>> Hi Manusheel and others,
>>

> <..snipped>
>

>> I see that the Hindi localization on
>> https://dev.laptop.org/translate/hi/ is going strong. What about other
>> languages?
>>

> A project for Bengali is underway - and I plan start contributing to it
> once my main priority atm, which is stabilisation of the Pootle workflow
> is resolved.

Sayamindu,

Kudos for working on setting up Pootle for translation and making to
talk to Git in the back. This will make the translation effort more
streamlined.

> For other Indic languages - I have put up a call for translators in the
> Indlinux mailing list - hopefully we'll get some response from that.

I suppose any discussions regarding language translations and scripting
should be discussed on the localization list, right? I do have items
about Hindi, but I am not sure if that's for this list or the
localization or both.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.