[OLPC India] Educational Toolkit for OLPC

Deepank Gupta deepankgupta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:39:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

My name is Deepank and I am totally fascinated with the whole idea of OLPC.
Although I am spending my summers with Google Summer of Code developing for
openMoko, I have this idea of having an educational toolkit for OLPC which I
would like to implement.

As the laptop will be used in the education of millions of children all
around the world there is a need to have features that will radically change
the way education is being imparted. With the intorduction of a digital
medium for imparting education, the testing procedures will also undergo an
overhaul. For the same reason, there is a need to have an educational
toolkit for OLPC.

The objective of this project will be to create a platform over which
development of educational tests will be very easy. It will use the basic
PyGame API for development. After its development, even a simple rural
teacher with no particular experience in programming would be able to create
new exciting educational games and tests for his/her students.

This tool will enable a user to do the following:
            1. Make a quiz(Timed/Untimed)
            2. Track and report results.
            3. Enable a teacher to add MCQs, Match the following, Fill in
the
                 blanks and Images very easily without any programming.
I have put up a rough and detailed draft of the idea at :
http://deepankgupta.googlepages.com/easyeducationaltoolkitforolpc
Please ltake time to go through it and give your valuable comments,
suggestions and feedback over this project. I also hope to attract
developers towards this project.
Best Regards
Deepank