[OLPC India] One laptop per child finds way into India- Hardware-Infotech-The Economic Times

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sat Dec 1 14:12:50 EST 2007

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Infotech/Hardware/One_laptop_per_child_finds_way_into_India/articleshow/2583239.cms

There will be affluent schools that will pay for these laptops and the
> state governments will have to subsidise it for the rest who cant
> afford it. We also expect corporates to buy these laptops and donate
> them to schools as part of their corporate social responsibility
> initiatives,
 RCom CIO Sumit Chowdhury said.

The Times of India page is incredibly crowded. Its amazing how these
"newspaper types" haven't really grown beyond their page layout.
Here's the same article with less junk (Print view).
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-2583239,prtpage-1.cms

Sameer