[Http-crcsync] Is the crcsync effort still alive?

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Oct 31 08:10:14 EDT 2011

On 29/10/11 16:31, Toby Collett wrote:
> Right, It is difficult to work out whats stats to actually use for
> reporting on the module, particularly with complex websites with many
> sub files etc.

I would suggest that the best way to solve that problem is for someone
to set up a (passworded) proxy which anyone with an account can use,
plus a way of getting stats out of it for your current session.

Then, people who are interested in particular types of load can test them.

Of course, it may be the best way, but it's probably not a trivial
amount of work to set up!

> I have been trying to convince out apache module to serve up
> statistics on all the files the client requested for the given
> session, but am still having some difficulty with that, some files are
> slipping through the net.

Thank you for creating these. But I think you are right, statistics only
make sense if you can compare the total amount actually downloaded with
the total amount which would have been downloaded. So if you were able
to get those figures out, that would be awesome.

Gerv