[Http-crcsync] Packaging

Toby Collett thjc at plan9.net.nz
Sat Jun 13 20:28:48 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I have just committed some work which allows creation of deb packages, in
the process I have moved a bunch of files around and created some new
Makefile targets, 'dist' 'deb' and 'debbin' which produce a tarball, source
deb and binary debs respectively.

Things to watch out for:
1) the tarball (and therefore deb targets) currently use the git archive
command, this creates a tarball from the latest commit rather than working
copy so commit before you test packaging changes (anyone know how to fix
this behaviour?)
2) Currently we need to distribute the apache mod cache headers in order to
be able to build as these dont seem to be installed by apache, this raises a
couple of points, firstly it implies its a private API and therefore likely
to change, and secondly when it does change we will need to manually grab a
new copy of them. So probably we should copy the behaviour we want from
these module, or lobby for them to become a public API...

Martin, you should be able to create an RPM package pretty easily now using
the deb as a starting point.

At some point I will upload the package to my Ubuntu/launchpad ppa so people
can play without getting the source, however might not be for a few days.

Toby

--
This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged
and/or confidential information