[Http-crcsync] Google SoC project

Pedro R eusou15 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 19:47:06 EDT 2009

Hello everybody, I am the student Gervase talked about.

Right now I'm catching up on documentation, I've read the mailing list archive, read the old RFC3229 and the current proposal by Toby Collett and I'll start to understand the ccan and crccache code tomorrow.

As some of you may already know, my project is to implement a Firefox extension which can talk to the modified httpd-crcsync server. This project is supposed to end in August 17th (the end of Google Summer of Code 2009).

I read the post by Alex Wulms (http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/http-crcsync/2009-April/000055.html) and it doesn't seem very complicated to implement this in Firefox.

However, as Alex said, the code is a work in progress. So I want to ask you - how far is the crccache code from being final (probably a lot) or at least able to maintain some kind of API compatibility (more realistic)?

I expect to start implementing this in the beggining of June, and it should be ready by the end of July, for thorough testing until the August deadline.

Hopefully I can continue to work on this extension for most part of the next year if necessary, so I can update it if you make a big change to the crccache module.

Thanks for your time,
Pedro Ribeiro