[Http-crcsync] crccache ready for some testing I think

Alex Wulms alex.wulms at scarlet.be
Tue Apr 7 15:36:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

The updated code is in the git repository. I have also, as an experiment,
changed from 20 blocks to 40 blocks. In practice this seems to give better
results when there are small changes spread over several places in the page
(e.g. some advertisement links in newssites like slashdot). The penalty of
such small changes is now less severe.

Though, the Block-Hashes header in the request now has a length of 219
characters (including the header field name). Don't know if that could pose a
problem for intermediate proxies in future when rsync aware browsers are
talking with rsync aware origin servers. In theory, it should be fine. As far
as I know the HTTP specification does not put a limitation on the header
length but in practice I'm pretty sure that proxies and servers do impose
some limits but I don't know how low they are.

Cheers,
Alex