[Http-crcsync] Apache proxy CRCsync & mozilla gsoc project?

WULMS Alexander Alex.WULMS at swift.com
Thu Apr 2 03:44:44 EDT 2009

>If the cache just blows away the cached base page it was using when one of
>these errors occurs, that should Do The Right Thing even without seed.
I see some concurrency issues and race conditions if the cache would simply blow away the cached base page, just in case that two
different concurrent requests are using the same base page and only one of them suffers from the checksum clash.

I think using a random seed per request would indeed be a safer approach to handle the manual retry scenario

Nevertheless, the chance on failure should indeed be reduced by using a stronger hash.