[Health] [IAEP] [Sugar-devel] New activity from OLPC France

Stefanie Nobel stefanie.nobel at googlemail.com
Mon May 30 08:58:31 EDT 2011

To whom it might concern

I would very much appreciate your help in gathering a list of the globally
most important kitchen equipment and utensils as my knowledge here is
limited to German cooking costumes and standards.

For your information: in the activity there is a virtual kitchen where the
child gets to chose the utensil/tool and the product. Every utensil has his
parameters. If for example the child choses a pan for frying his meat, the
parameters of the pan are time and temperature. As soon as the child has
chosen at least one product and the utensil/tool and has set the parameters,
the step will be written in the cookbook.

Because I suppose, that the meals they prepare won’t be that complex and
difficult, I will limit the choice (at the beginning). So first of all I
need utensils, which have an impact on the texture. If anything comes to
your mind and you want to add anything let me know, and thanks you four
support.

Here some examples:

-       pot for cooking (time, temperature)

-       pan for frying (time, temperature)

-       cutting board (slice, pieces)

-       bowl for mixing (spoon, eggbeater)

-       mixer/blender (smooth, coarse)

-       oven (time, temperature)

-       cake tin (round, square, small tin, big tin)

-       rolling pin (how many pieces)

-       rasp (big, medium, small pieces)