[Health] McMaster Global Health and OLPC

Mark Brul markbrul at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 13:08:06 EST 2011

Hi Michael,

Nice to hear your interest, hopefully I can contribute a bit.

My name is Mark Brul, fairly new in this health list. I have a master degree
in biomedical engineer (health care technologies) obtained at the University
of Twente, Holland. Nowadays I work as volunteer for Movimiento Foundation
in Uruguay. Apart from that I work as researcher for Saxion University
(Holland) doing research on activity monitoring and user centered design
methods (beyond OLPC).

I would like you to share the article I wrote for OLPC news
<http://www.olpcnews.com/countries/uruguay/saludame_-_interactive_learnin.ht
ml> . And our work on the project called Saludame, about which we recently
blog in English on our website <http://www.movimientofoundation.com/> .

Briefly, in project Saludame we work in  a multidisciplinary team on
developing a health education program for rural schools in Uruguay, using an
educational game for the XO supported with didactical guides for the
teachers. In April 2011 we start our pilot, after 8 months of development
(start in June 2010).

Hope to get in contact with you. For any questions, please send me an email.

Best regards,

Mark Brul