[Health] Wiki for health knowledge

Chris Watkins chriswaterguy at appropedia.org
Sat May 23 02:54:11 EDT 2009

I'd like to introduce Appropedia <http://www.appropedia.org/>, a wiki for
sustainability and international development, including public health.

Appropedia has thousands of pages of info, especially on appropriate
technologies and project information. It's just scratching the surface of
what's possible though, and we're working on greatly expanding the contents.

We are academics, students, non-profits, businesses and passionate
individuals. There is an enormous amount to do, and we warmly welcome
partners in the work.

One important task is identifying good information that we can use. We've
had many discussions with OLPC people, who are very supportive of what we're
doing, and I've heard that many NGOs working in health are happy to release
their content under an open license so that it can be included in a bundle
for the XO.* However we don't have the details.

Any concrete info on open licensed sources would be appreciated - e.g. we've
been told that Hyperion is happy to share "Where there is no doctor", but
the statement now on the Hesperion downloads page is definitely not an open
license.

I look forward hearing from you,
Chris

PS Appropedia is a logical place to put content into wiki form and create
bundles, as we are working on bundles for the XO, and have worked out how to
converting PDFs, Word documents and HTML to MediaWiki markup.
--
Chris Watkins

Appropedia.org - Sharing knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives.

identi.ca/appropedia / twitter.com/appropedia
blogs.appropedia.org

I like this: five.sentenc.es