[Health] [IAEP] Coloring books on the XO?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Fri Sep 26 12:06:21 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Samuel Klein <sj at laptop.org> wrote:
> Coloring something certainly helps remember it.  And changing the colors of
> shapes/objects in a drawing or scene or skin is one of the simple pleasures
> in life.  A simple implementation of coloring would let you pick the colors
> of your own sugar skin and icon.
>
> I dreamed the other day about those pattern-coloring books that introduce
> you to unusual but beautiful tilings; when I was a kid we used to make
> copies of them or trace them on onionskin and color separately, later
> comparing the results for elegant patterns.

Colors! might be a nice base for this activity.

In general, we should think hard about how to best distribute 'example
content', which you can open and remix on your XO.  From a UI
perspective, I've suggested previously that these be presented as
'friends' in the UI, who have files you can share.  The Red Cross
might be a friend who has some coloring books available you can open
in Colors! (or your choice of Paint programs).
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )