[Health] Fwd: Health OLPC (OpenMRS)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:21:51 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Ellen Ball <eball at pih.org> wrote:
> Partners In Health works in Haiti, Peru, Rwanda, Lesotho and Rwanda.  Our OpenMRS colleagues are spread out through out many other location including Kenya (Regenstrief in Indiana), South Africa (Medical Research Council) and Millenium Villages Project (many countries in Africa).  This is definite overlap.

Peru! Yes, I forgot. I saw the Rx for Survival episode on PBS about
successfully treating MDR-TB (Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis) and
convincing WHO to change policy. One of many reasons why I have been
telling people for years that PiH is high on my World Best Practices
list, up there with microfinance and the Sarvodaya Movement in Sri
Lanka.

OK, Haiti, Peru, Rwanda to start. I think we need to trade contacts
among the various organizations and governments involved. Maybe start
a LinkedIn group or something. Are you on LinkedIn? Would you like to
connect?