[Health] Partners in Health & International Medical Corps

Ellen Ball eball at pih.org
Fri May 9 12:29:29 EDT 2008

Partners In Health is interested in OLPC.  Various colleagues have had
meetings and discussions with the OLPC team.  I don't feel like I can do
justice to all the discussions and possible collaborations.   There is
much synergy with locations (Haiti, Peru, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi), and
belief in a preferential option for the poor.  Although PIH is connected
with some school in the Central Plateau of Haiti and a small
summer/afterschool programs in Peru, out main focus is health care.  It
would be wonderful for the children of our catchment areas (and
throughout the world) to have access to a cool OLPC XO.