[Health] Health Sciences Online : a free online search for health science materials

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Wed Dec 17 01:21:47 EST 2008

Hello,

Here's a launch announcement for HSO.info , a health science
information portal that has been in development for the past couple of
years.  They use Google translation and Vivisimo's Velocity search to
make materials available in over 20 languages... it's pretty sweet.

(If Vivisimo rings a bell, they launched Clusty a few years back with
the first really awesome Wikipedia tab, inspiring a few copycats in
search engines that followed).

Take a look.  You can send Kshamica feedback directly if you like; her
info is below.
The next question is, how to get this fine collection of refs and info
into Wikipedia, where health information is still distinctly lacking
in many areas...

SJ