[Health] Fwd: HealthJam day1 + Other Info

Tribley, Lloyd tribleyl at ahca.myflorida.com
Tue Apr 22 16:56:48 EDT 2008

Hi ~ I'm always behind the wave on activities but I wanted to extend a
warm THANK YOU for your great work organizing the HealthJam. I wish I
could have attended, but I ran out of $$$.

I also wanted to provide a quick update on several of my activities.

I have some experience with VistA as part of our state health
information technology (HIT) work. I have VistA set up on several
workstations using Intersystem's Cache with support from one of our
former RHIO (Regional Health Information Organizations) Directors (and
VistA expert) in South FL. They have it running in several underserved
safety net clinics interoperable with their health information exchange
(HIE). I have my Intro Mumps book but have not had time to read. :-)

Note that US Indian Health Services has worked with VistA for a number
of years with great success. They have a variety of VistA trainings in
various parts of the US. If you are interested I can probably arrange a
conference call for us. I also have a great PowerPoint providing a
detailed review of their work including their lifecycle methodology. If
anyone's interested please email me and I'll send it to you. If I can
get permission, would you like to see it published as a resource on OLPC
Health?

New OLPC XO exposure: This past week I returned from the International
Pacific-Rim Conference on Disabilities hosted by the University of
Hawaii. I made 3 presentations. There were participants from Pacific-Rim
countries, Western and Eastern Europe, and Scandinavia. This was their
first exposure to OLPC. Several had heard of the program but none had
seen an XO in action. They were very impressed and representatives from
several countries expressed interest in opening a dialogue. I have a
mission to address inclusive education for children with disabilities in
the OLPC program (I have 25+ years in the disability and health IT
fields).

BTW. Did anyone attend the recent American Telemedicine Association
(ATA) conference held in Seattle? While I could not negotiate travel
support, I noted a number of presentations applicable to OLPC. Here are
several links to documents you might find interesting. Both are definite
reads.

1. Global Forum on Telemedicine: Connecting the World Through
Partnership: International Roadmap for Action ~
http://www.atmeda.org/conf/Mid-Year%202007/Global_Forum_FINAL03062008.pd
f .

2. Core Standards for Telemedicine Operations (Draft) ~
http://www.atmeda.org/ICOT/Standards/11-20-07%20Standards%20Framework%20
final%20for%20public.pdf

If you think it would be helpful, I'd be happy to contact ATA. I'm a
HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Society) member. I have
contact with their international coordinator and also participate in
their Greater China SIG (now being recreated as a Pacific-Rim SIG). I
will present a program on Hong Kong HIT developments in May at our HIMSS
Florida Chapter meeting. I'll also take along my XO and have requested a
slot for discussion. BTW, does anyone have access to an OLPC
Introductory PowerPoint? I do not want to recreate the wheel. I found
links to several from the WiKi and Google but did not think they were
well developed. Anyone see a presentation in simplified Chinese? If not,
I can have the English version translated.

I apologize for the long message but I thought you might find some of
this information helpful.

Bye, Lloyd...

-----
Lloyd J. Tribley, MS CAIT ATACP
Government Analyst II
Office of Health Information Technology
Florida Center for Health Information and Policy Analysis
Agency for Health Care Administration
2727 Mahan Drive Mail Stop #16
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Telephone: +1.850.414.9634