[OLPC-GSoC] JavaScript Python Communication

Preeti KS kspreeti.13 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 10:55:07 EDT 2008

Hi all,

   I am Preeti from NSIT, New Delhi. I am very interested in participating
in the project JavaScript Python Communication. I had read about this
extensively on the internet, and realized its usefulness, especially in the
application development scene. The project basically wishes to integerate
the Python platform for application development with the dynamic
characteristics of the web based JavaScript programming, in order to provide
the user with the convenience of working on an easy to use platform like
Python, and at the same time make use of the services of JavaScript in order
to bring client based services into the application. Instead of depending on
external libraries such as XPCOM, we can develop an inter browser wrapping
in Python itself, in order to reduce complications. This might have
implications for OLPC in areas of applications which involve Saving,
Modulating, Updating, etc. as these require JavaScript. Some such
applications in OLPC would include Spreadsheet, Journal, etc.
  I hope you consider me for this project. I have submitted my application
with regard to this.

Looking forward to programming,
KS Preeti
Delhi