[OLPC-GSoC] Overloaded Mentors and my Project (Geography with Environment Awareness)

rajan vaish vaish.rajan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 10:28:26 EDT 2008

Hello Sir,
Thanks for including my project in one of the top projects and I am very to
continue working on the same.However,i noticed the fact that Mr.Nestor is
quite overloaded.Though I had chat and had e-mail interaction with him about
a week before.He was pretty pleased by my ideas and future work on the
project and the way of approach for the same.I was asked by SJ to work on a
project being run by him in Mexico known as "Atlas America".
Since he is overloaded now,can something be done regarding the same ? I am
very keen and had all the discussions done with him in terms of deadlines
too and he was okay with the same.As posted in few last posts by SJ,that in
case mentors are not assigned ,he can find some for students with OLPC
appreciated projects if asked.Hence,Sir in case Mr.Nestor remains busy and
overloaded , can I be alloted new mentor for the same ? Or perhaps ,I should
wait for Mr.Nestor ? I am bit confused at the moment,I am very keen and have
even started learning and working on the technologies asked by Mr.Nestor
like OpenLayers . Kindly suggest me as in what can be done from my side,so
that i can continue working on my project this summer.?I am very keen to
pursue the same.Thanking you !
Thanks for understanding and selecting my project in top few.
Rajan Vaish
IM : vaish.rajan at gmail.com