[OLPC-GSoC] Number of SoC projects requested by OLPC

Patrick Dubroy pdubroy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 14:05:16 EDT 2008

How many SoC slots have been requested by OLPC? In the SoC web app,
the "likely to be accepted" line seems to be around 30 applications.
However, a friend who is signed up to mentor for another organization
said that Leslie Hawthorn sent a message to one of the SoC lists
saying that OLPC has only asked for 4 slots. Is this true? If so, that
seems awfully low.

The same friend said that today is the last day for organizations to
request more allocations from Google. If the number 4 is correct,
shouldn't we think about requesting more? It seems like we've got a
good variety of interesting, useful, and do-able applications.

Pat
--
Patrick Dubroy
http://dubroy.com/blog - on programming, usability, and hci