[Grassroots-l] hello

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Sun Dec 30 13:52:37 EST 2012

On Sat, December 29, 2012 8:08 pm, Sa'ad Shukri wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I've been following the one laptop per child scheme for a while now and
> would like to get involved.

Welcome! Please tell us how you think you might help. We can use all sorts
of talents and skills. For example, which languages do you speak?

> I am based in Melbourne, Australia and I
> frequently go to Africa more specifically Somaliland/Somalia, Djibouti and
> Ethiopia. Can some one please tell me how I can get more involved?

You can find starting points for a number of ways to get involved at

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Getting_Involved

You can find specific projects including OLPC Australia and OLPC Ethiopia at

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Deployments

There is no OLPC deployment in Somalia, but there was at least one
interested volunteer.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Somalia

I know of no activity in Djibouti.