[Grassroots-l] question: how to load tux math on XO laptop

Vasantha Srinivasan administrator at kmrfoundation.org
Tue Oct 18 02:02:24 EDT 2011

Dear Ms. Janissa

Greetings from KMRF

We,  KMR Foundation in Hyderabad, India have been engaged in community
programs with specific goals like
         1. 100 % Immunization to Children
         2. Care of Expectant mothers
         3. Supporting Education
         4. Skill development and training for youth for employment.

One of our team members is Satya Prasad whom you have contacted now.

We have adopted near by village School and engaged in OLPC-- program with
them ( class 4 children of local village school)

Now it is just over one year that we have been doing several activities on
XOs.

As we also need help from the program developers for many activities that
will
be meaningful and helpful to the children.

Children love to handle this "Tux Maths" activity as it enhances their
mental ability.
As this XO-1 --VERSION--- is the first and earliest one we also stuck with
some problems.

We need the program developers to add --- " 3 Digits "---- operations in
"Tux Maths"
as we have only up to 2 digits. We need some activities to help the children
learn simple English.

*Coming to answer your query

There are are 2 options as you do not have internet --- you can go for the
procedure mentioned  below.

1. Down load the " Tux Math" from Sugar Labs in a single image (not as a
folder / Unizip file format)
    and save in a pen Drive.
2. Insert the Pen Drive on the XO--USB --slot.

3. Click on the journal---- you will see the pen Drive symbol/sign. Click on
it.

4. Choose "Tux Math" file and click start.

5. This will install the "Tux Math"  activity and it will be seen on the
Home Page.*

 For more information on KMRF  Please see    www.kmrfoundation.org

You are welcome to interact with us.

thanks & regardas--