[Grassroots-l] FREE OLPC Repair+Training FEST - Cambridge, Mass - Sat Sept 18, NOON-3PM

Holt holt at laptop.org
Thu Sep 16 20:17:10 EDT 2010

Awesome we've a dozen+ truly wonderful RSVPs for Saturday's Clinic:
coming from as far away as 7hrs down the road in Rochester NY (go
http://foss.rit.edu/blog !), New Jersey, and even some exotic land
called CaliFilippines, but can you guess the Furthest?? (*)

OLPC's VP of Hardware Engineering is working with me to find some really
cool door prizes as a result, so no this ain't Cuba where even BIC
lighters are repaired, but nor did we imagine how successful this
skillbuilding/videomaking event (helping Palestinian kids & beyond)
would become.../welcome All Olin College students :)/

And with particular apologies to those atoning as part of Yom Kippur who
cannot participate this Saturday, I dearly hope all can participate
online later -- empowering overlooked+marginalized kids in all countries
-- with our growing library of How-To-Vids that I'd *love* for someone
to step forward and begin curating, organizing the best here just like
Wikipedia does?

    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Disassembly

Thanks & See Y'all Soon, Saturday Noon, working fast to earn your free
lunch!

(*) sorry Philippines SuperCherry @
http://queakland.org/about/people/bio.jsp?id=60 we actually have several
great volunteers from Kazakhstan arriving; wonderful folks whose names
are *not* Borat, but might give you all your first taste of Kazakh
Cuisine ;)