[Grassroots-l] OLPC/Sugar Radio--Sunday 12Noon Boston Time then Brunch--Manu Gupta presenting from India

Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Mar 5 17:53:56 EST 2010

AGENDA -- co-hosted with OLPC Support Volunteers
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_Gang) weekly meeting -- slides to follow:

> This coming Sunday 12NOON EST guest speaker Manusheel Gupta
> (manu at laptop.org) will call in from New Delhi, India-- [on his very
> own birthday!] to present [his Sugar Activity development company]:
>
> 1. Sugar Development opportunities at SEETA. Summarizing
> products/services underway:
> http://seeta.in/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page#Products_and_Services
> and http://seeta.in/j/products.html.
>
> 2. ScalableC (www.scalablec.com <http://www.scalablec.com>), an
> on-line platform to share ideas, develop project blueprints and
> designs, and organize information and content through videos, audios,
> images and blogs. ScalableC has a special focus on OLPC deployments
> and content with a number of tutorial videos on using Sugar
> activities. We have currently kept ScalableC membership on an
> invitation only basis to avoid spam. One can request an invite at
> http://www.scalablec.com/register.php.
>
> 3. Our new vertical on consulting and custom software development work
> specific to OLPC and Sugar.

A. RSVP to me personally if you want the conference call phone number
(free call if you have a Full Skype account) to attend.  Phone
attendance will be limited to preserve call-quality.  Overflow in-person
at OLPC in Cambridge, MA if you request it in advance!  Please bring
your questions for Manu, and let's also discuss James Simmons
hot-off-the-press "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" guide here:
http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/ActivitiesGuideSugar-en-2010.03.05-04.59.13.pdf

B. Public Live Chat back channel if volunteers hopefully help
transcribe/summarize at http://forum.laptop.org/chat typing at bottom:
/join #olpc-meeting

C. Sunday Brunch Follows with 2+ out-of-town guests!  Right by OLPC/MIT
in Central Sq, Cambridge, Massachusetts:
1:30PM right after Manu's talk below -- RSVP for details.