[Grassroots-l] !! Please Upload Your Etoys Projects !!

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Sun Sep 20 13:01:07 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

With the launch of the beta Squeakland Showcase, we'd love for any and
all to upload their favorite Etoys projects!

Think of it as a Squeakland housewarming party, which for those that
don't know the term, it's when friends come to your new house with
gifts to make the house nicer for everyone.

There's two ways you can upload projects:

1) If you're using the Etoys 4 release candidate, you can upload
directly from Etoys.

2) If you're already got some PR files, the go to the showcase upload
page:

http://squeakland.org/showcase/upload

Either way, you'll need to create a free account first.

A few warnings though:

A) any projects or project information with inappropriate content for
children will be immediately deleted

B) the showcase does not currently support non-latin alphabets
(8859-1), such as Japanese, Russian, etc.  We will fix this as soon as
we can.  You can still upload projects in these other languages, you
just cannot use your alphabets in the project title, description,
author, or tags.

C) children under 13 must have their parent or guardian create their
account for them

We hope to have a great selection of projects before we go live with
the Etoys 4 final on October 21st.  Please spread the word to everyone
you know.

Please help us spruce up the showcase!

Take care,
Tim