[Grassroots-l] Grassroots Digest, Vol 20, Issue 15

Claire Jervert cjervert at comcast.net
Sat Mar 28 14:26:45 EDT 2009

I find the website a little confusing, so if anyone can clarify,
please help me out.

I am thinking of starting a new media program in Newark, NJ. We would
use the computers in the schools with Scratch and begin with video
game design, and introduce the animation, simulation, etc. over
several semesters.

Newark is getting some stimulus money for green projects.

How does this work? Does the stimulus money buy the computers for the
Newark students and then One Laptop sends an equal amount to
developing countries. What was done in Birmingham Al. and NYC. Could a
similar program be done in Newark.

Claire Jervert