[Grassroots-l] Austin XO Lending Library

Yama Ploskonka yama at netoso.com
Fri Mar 27 17:22:45 EDT 2009

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Austin

I just applied to set up and run an XO lending library in Austin

yop, crazy as charged...

Anyway, I'd appreciate your feedback, and especially figure out the good
answer to these questions

* how to keep the XOs safe
(so far I would go for references, FOAFs - lacking that, some extreme
case would involve some escrow setup)

* how to keep this away from sucking all the time and resources of
people running it.
(I see having a 'mandatory donation' a possibility, or maybe outright
charging a fee? a service will be provided...)

* other Austin Pecans to help run this

Ultimately some people could borrow a few, and then locally run their
own "branch", dunno, many ideas