[Grassroots-l] Fwd: DC FIRST Robotics at NECC

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 07:51:47 EDT 2009

Heads up DC locals!

I just received e-mail from the regional director of FIRST (For
Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics, and
she tells me that Denise Lewis, the DC Assistant Regional Director and
DC Senior Mentor, will be at NECC.

Given the stuff we're talking about doing with HacDC
(http://hacdc.org/), Scratch boards, SoaS, etc and the fact that the
DC
Robotics folks did the Scratch Day in Takoma Park while we were doing
Scratch Day in Arlington, this seems like a good time to meet and show
off the 15 XO's we're bringing to the party. (I don't know what toys
she's bringing.)

For those of you unfamiliar with FIRST, it was founded by Dean Kamen,
the inventor of the Segway (among several other things), "To transform
our culture by creating a world where science and technology are
celebrated and where young people dream of becoming science and
technology heroes." according to the official web site. Learn more at:
http://www.usfirst.org/who/default.aspx?id=34
--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC